Situated approx 30km NE of Tammin is the locality of Yorkrakine. At one time this community boasted a school, general store, hall and wheatbin serving the local farmers of the district.
The Agricultural Hall which was constructed in 1926 still remains and over the past few years has been renovated allowing functions to continue to be held in the hall. Both the school and the general store have closed due to decline in population, improved roads and transport to adjacent towns.
Yorkrakine Rock Reserve is a large granite rock which is located on the Tammin Wyalkatchem Road about 10km SE of the old Yorkrakine townsite. The reserve has recently been upgraded by CALM, providing access roads and vehicle parking.