The Shire of Tammin Town Planning Scheme requires that all development, unless exempted, obtain the prior approval of Council for the proposed development.
The planning approval of Council is NOT required in the following cases:
- The use of land in a reserve owned by Council or a public authority;
- The use of land which is a permitted (P) use unless the proposal includes the erection of buildings or other works;
- The erection of a boundary fence. Note that plans are required under Council’s fencing local laws;
- The carrying out of works in a street or road by a public authority;
- Works undertaken on the internal of a building which does not effect the external of the building;
- The carrying out of urgent works.
Plans are still required to be submitted for a building licence.