Tammin is well served with communication facilities and have the following services:
- Standard telephone Service
- Broadband Service
- Next G Digital Mobile Service
- UHF CB Repeater Channel 1
Broadband is available through Telstra Bigpond, Broadband Net and Westnet. This facility will provide you with a data service in addition to your normal telephone line.
Next G Mobile Service
Telstra has installed a Next G Mobile Repeater at Tank Hill 14Kms East of Tammin. This service can be accessed within the Tammin townsite on a hand held mobile although it is difficult when inside a building.
UHF CB Repeater
A repeater is located on top of the Kellerberrin Hill and serves the farming community. This service is also invaluable during the bushfire season for local communication.
Tammin is served by all the major Rural TV Networks and has the following services available within the shire:
- ABC, transmits from Mawson (near Quairading) and provides coverage to the whole shire.
- GWN (Golden West Network) transmits from Mawson, provides coverage to the whole shire.
- WIN TV provides a digital service to the shire transmitted from the Mawson site. A digital set-top box is required to be able to receive this service.
- WIN TV is repeated from the Tammin Town Hall and provides a service to the townsite.
- SBS transmits from the Mawson site providing coverage to the whole shire.
The ABC National and Rural services are available as well as a number of commercial AM and FM radio stations.
Tammin has a daily mail service from Perth. Metropolitan mail is generally received by the next day.
Major metropolitan and national newspapers are available daily. There are regional newspapers (the Wheatbelt Mercury & Avon Valley Advocate) published weekly. Tammin also publishes a local community newsletter, the ‘Tammin Tabloid’ which is produced fortnightly by local community volunteers.